People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. They are anxiety busters. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.